7 Tips to choose the right advertising medium
24 August 2016
Think your ad spends and ROI are directly related to each other? Turns out, digital marketing isn’t as straight cut as traditional marketing. It’s important for your strategy to take into account the medium that is likely to get maximum traction by virtue of nature of your business and a host of other aspects. Fact is, that the medium makes the message. There are myriad brands today that have dedicated teams choosing the right mediums to meet their campaign objectives. This is primarily because they realize the role played by the medium in amplifying an idea and taking it to the next level.
Keeping in mind today’s digital landscape, choosing the right medium is an investment in your business’ future. And like any investment, it’s important to do enough and more research before you commit to a medium.
Let’s look at some of the factors that need to be considered in order to choose the right advertisement media.
1) Objectives: Identifying your business objective is the most crucial task since it forms the base of your entire campaign. It also has an impact on the medium that needs to be leveraged for maximum ROI. Similarly, it’s important to chart out your advertising objectives and map it to the right medium too. Whichever objective it may be, make sure it is specific, measurable, relevant, and time-bound
2) Nature of your product can strongly influence your medium of advertisement. With the increase in internet penetration and mobile access, more and more household decision makers are online, making it important for brands to leverage the digital landscape to engage with audiences.
3) Target Audience: It is extremely crucial to have a sense of the geographical region and gender your brand needs to target head on. Flipkart provides reach to a high intent audience, based on these filters, with 68% of its user base from the top 8 metros. 49% of this base are qualified mid-senior professionals.
4) Cost: Picking a display model that charges on cost per view is a sound way forward. Flipkart Ads charge on the basis of viewable impressions rather than just impressions.
5) Consumer Experience: It is important for the ad to be discoverable and for the CTA to make the user’s journey from a state of unawareness to purchase seamless.
6) Permanence of a medium also acts as an important point of consideration. Platforms like Flipkart ads can be used as per the requirement of the brand, be it to drive a brand message over a long period of time or to drive a sale message for a short period.
7) Measurement: Full Funnel Measurement, a model by Flipkart helps advertisers make more informed marketing choices, so they can continue to grow their business. Among other things, Full funnel attribution with multiple test and control groups help advertisers determine where in the users shopping journey is the ad creating maximum value, which ad units perform best for their objective and what value mobile ads are driving. Being able to measure campaign performance adds to the effectiveness of the medium.
Keeping the above pointers in mind, Flipkart is a platform where brands can target and engage with the largest qualified commerce audience in the country at the right time for the right intent. With over 75 million registered users and better than industry standard action and engagement rates, Flipkart ads platform helps brands meet their targets.
So if you’re planning your next campaign, follow the pointers above to get a head start on how to choose the right medium to optimize the effectiveness of your venture.